Although many websites have attempted to
emulate the success of eBay by setting up their own auction websites,
eBay remains the market leader. However, there still remains a
market for niche auction websites which can offer more than just an
online carboot sale with categories which are too broad to allow people
to browse for what they really want.
Recent changes to the way eBay runs its
site have also had a negative impact on sellers - their fees average
around 10% of an item's sale price unless you can sell in large enough
quantity to remain a powerseller.
All this, has led to even more
fragmentation of the market, and driving more people to launch their
own auction sites. Alas, there are many different auction
platforms on the market ranging from free "eBay clones" to top of the
range all singing-all dancing auction platforms. There is the
possibility that your site could become a highly popular niche site on
the internet, attracting plenty of people on a daily basis, and
generating you income through the fees charged on items sold through
Having looked at the various options
available, and after lengthy consideration, we have teamed up with
PHPAuction with their 10+ years experience in developing online auction
website software, to offer our own variant of the Enuuk
auction platform, complete with many modifications and enhancements
which we have developed ourselves. We will advise on hosting and
the best host to use for your business. We recommend PHPWebHosting who
are clear market leaders in providing the correct Unix server
platform, with all the required modules at a good price, which are
required to run Enuuk quickly and efficiently - unfortunately, our
previous host, GoDaddy proved much too slow (with pages taking around
10x the time taken on PHPWebHosing).
Services Enuuk online auction
software has the following features:
- Written in PHP, CSS and MySQL, supporting PHP v5.
- Tested for Security
- Home Page
- Featured Auctions on home page and in each category
- Message Boards Section
- Configurable Custom Sections - Help, News, Terms
& Conditions, About Us (plus ability to add more pages from the
admin control panel)
- Supports multiple languages - shipped with English,
French, Spanish and Portuguese - emails to users are sent in their own
- Supports multiple templates - additional templates
available from PHPAuction, or create
your own in CSS
- Supports high volumes of traffic - unlimited users,
auctions and categories.
- Each category can have a Wiki to hold background
information on the items which you would expect within that category.
- Superb Search Engine Optimisations (SEO) using advice
Angels to help you attract traffic to your website,
including google sitemap.
- Two types of webstore - one that is free, and another
which, for a monthly fee, allows webstore owners to have a discount on
the site fees.
- Integrated Google Base feed for fixed price items
- Integrated Twitter feed for new auctions
- Integrated advertising banners
- Integrate eBay specialised webstore - allows users to
check on items within a given category on eBay, and you earn commission
if they click through and purchase that product.
- Support of standard auctions, fixed price auctions
(classified auctions), fixed price multiple items (LOTS) and Reverse
- Greatly enhanced speed over the original Enuuk
auction platform, with enhancements to RSS feeds and category listings
- Automatic creation of thumbnails to help reduce time
taken to display pages
- Support for secure site certification (https).
- Natural search results making it easier for buyers to
find what they need.
- PayPal and Google Checkout both integrated into
- Support for Mobile Auction By Touch
- Includes full range of RWAP
- Webstore Owners can edit the contents of the Wiki.
- Sellers can send invoices to purchasers (amending the
total postage as required)
- Sellers and Purchasers can track the status of items
which they have sold/purchased - Invoice Requested, Invoice Sent, Item
Paid, Item Shipped, Feedback left.
- Follow auctions through Twitter / RSS feeds
- Include ISBN number for books
- Include Product Condition - New / Used / Re-furbished.
- Seller can set different shipping rates for different
regions of the World - you can also set different charges for when someone purchases
more than one of the same item.
- Set maximum duration periods for each auction type
- Include a Youtube video on your item detail page.
- Create and edit auctions
- Create a pending auction which will automatically be
listed in the future.
- Choose favourite auctions, webstores and sellers.
- Bulk upload of auctions from a text file.
- Send messages / leave feedback for other users.
- Users rated according to feedback.
- Amend fees across the website - fees can be set on a
fixed fee or percentage basis (or a mixture of the two), for the
following optional events: Listing Items, Bold, Buy it Now, Category
Featured, Home Page Featured, Webstore setup, featured Webstore, Final
Value Fee, Picture Gallery, Youtube video, and sign-up.
- Set up site preferences and watermark used on images
on the site
- Change meta tags and titles used by Site
- Upload your own logo
- Edit auctions and User details
- Define categories, Wiki entries and ebay keywords
used to link the eBay webstore to a category.
- Send and Manage Invoices or use Pay as you Go
- Control advertising banners.
- Define user types - Buyer only / Buyer & Seller
and also Trust User.
How does this differ from other online auction products?
- No pushy salesperson trying to sell you add-ons.
- UK Based, with dedicated support from the UK
- We use it on our own website - www.sellmyretro.com and
therefore will continue to develop and test the code as new releases of
the Enuuk Auction platform are released. All enhancements during
the first 12 months are included in the original purchase price (unless
you want anything specific to your own website).
- Dedicated Enuuk online
auction support forum to discuss ideas, raise bugs and share free
- All source codes are included, ensuring that even if
RWAP Services ceases to trade, you will be able to continue to develop
- The software is not rebranded public domain software
- it has one distinct programming style, and the sources are not
generally available to allow hackers to find security holes.
- We can actively monitor and run your auction site for
you (at a nominal monthly fee).
What is the cost of this online auction
We offer two models to allow you to
purchase this online auction software upgrade:
- One-off Cost, including installation on your server: £1500 (includes 12 months
support and upgrades)
- One-off Cost, including installation on your server: £1250 + 1% of all fees charged on the
site (includes 12 months support and upgrades)
Please note that you will need to provide proof that you own the unobfuscated version of the Commercial Enuuk Auction Platform
already (this is available from phpAuction.